There is just something about smoothies that makes you instantly think of warmer weather, fresh air, and sunshine. When made with the right ingredients, they can be healthy, refreshing, and filling.
A lot of times, people skip breakfast. Smoothies can be a healthy quick alternative to a grab-and-go meal replacement that is packed with vital nutrients, and for people that traditionally don’t eat enough fruits and vegetables, smoothies can be a convenient way to get more of the whole foods that your body needs.
Different smoothie ingredients have near superpowers in possibly staving off Alzheimer’s, enhancing blood circulation, and boosting brain power and memory.
There are a number of places around town that offer a wide variety of smoothies. Here are just a few (pictured) of our favorites:
- Playa Bowls: Dang (banana, wheat grass powder, peanut butter, cinnamon, almond milk) and Orange Power (orange, vanilla protein, pineapple, and coconut milk) Smoothies
- Starbucks: Strawberry Frappuccino (no coffee added)
- Panera Bread: Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- SmartWorld: 4-Berry Smoothie with blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries
- Bubble in Paradise: Dragonfruit Smoothie with fresh dragonfruit, orange, pineapple, and mango